Further Works to Improve Crystal Brook's Main Street
Port Pirie Regional Council wishes to advise that further works to improve Bowman Street have commenced with completion expected by mid-December 2020.
These improvement works include:
- Installation of replacement pepper trees and tree guards adjacent the Crystal Brook Hotel.
- Replacement of street furniture including bollards, picnic settings and benches through the main street, Jubilee Park and Adelaide Square areas.
- Installation of new banner poles on the road median at the Eyre Road end of Bowman Street.
- Replacement of the shelter for the centre median (adjacent Reflections) with a larger structure to enable fitting of street furniture. The original shelter will be relocated in the scented garden situated on Railway Terrace adjacent the rear of post office.
- Feature lighting the canopy of the selected trees.
Roadworks and associated construction works include:
- Construction of flat top road humps adjacent:
- Kupsch Bakery and the Newsagency
- Crystal Brook Library and Adelaide Square
- Heritage style decorative lighting to the new flat top road humps.
- Replacement of Bowman Street road kerbing starting on the north side (Railway Terrace end) and working in a clockwise direction, finishing back at Railway Terrace.
- Replacement of the parking area spoon drains on the southern side of Bowman Street.
- All road surfaces affected by kerb and spoon drain works will be resealed.
For the duration of these works, work zone traffic management will be in place for Bowman Street. Bowman Street will need to be closed for a short period to enable the excavation and concrete works to be performed. While there will be some traffic diversions, Council is scheduling this work so that minimal disruption is caused to businesses including construction over weekend periods where possible.
These works have been made possible with funding sourced from the State Government’s Places for People funding. Council thanks the Crystal Brook community and businesses for their patience while Council completes these improvements.