Temporary Suspension of Some Council Services
Under the direction of the Australian Government in response to the public health concerns around COVID-19, the following Council services will be suspended until further notice:
- Port Pirie Aquatic & Leisure Centre (both indoor and outdoor facilities following confirmation that outdoor pools attached to indoor sporting venues are included in the Australian Government guidelines).
- Port Pirie Visitor Information Centre – Shark Cage Virtual Reality experience.
- Port Pirie Library – All children’s activities (includes Baby Bounce, Lego Club, Sunday Storytime and Gen Z).
- Crystal Brook Community Bus.
As our duty of care to vulnerable people, Council has also suspended the following services until further notice:
- Port Pirie Visitor Information Centre – Weekend and Public Holiday hours suspended.
- Pirie Rail Express Miniature Railway.
- Tech Savvy Seniors (Port Pirie Library).
Based on current Government guidelines, the Crystal Brook Swimming Pool will remain open as per normal operating procedures as it is a separate outdoor facility. Belgravia Leisure has implemented risk mitigation strategies for social distancing and personal hygiene. Please note that the Crystal Brook Pool season is due to conclude on Tuesday 31 March 2020.
We will continue to monitor and adapt to this rapidly changing situation and keep you updated.
The safety and wellbeing of the community is our first priority and we thank you for your support and understanding.